Sunday, March 11, 2012

Back on Track for Project Linus

Well, I guess the quilting burnout is officially over, because I've finally made a Project Linus delivery to Mercy Children's Hospital-St. Louis on behalf of Project Linus.  (I've been delivering there for years and know the Child Life staff now.)

The first quilt was given to a teenage boy right away, and his mom sent me an email.  One thing I have noticed in the few times I have gotten feedback from a family is that they are amazed that PL volunteers would make something for "someone you don't even know".  That is the beauty of Project Linus and all comfort quilting, isn't it?




This batch of quilts is different from my usual quilting because all of the quilts are pieced and half are machine quilted.  I need to use my stash, and piecing with scraps is a good way to do this.  (I have to say, though, that I don't see any extra space in the closet yet, though!)


3 comments:

Debi said...

They are all beautiful!

Jan said...

Love all your quilts----sure to bring a smile to some kid's face.

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.